Meet the VALUE Tube Cutters
What are Tube Cutters?
As the name suggests, tube cutters are used to cut tubes at various lengths. They are handheld tools with rotating cutting blades or wheels that can cut a long piece of tube into two or more parts. Tube cutters are typically used for creating custom piping systems in both residential and commercial buildings, for industrial plumbing or processing lines in fluid transfer systems, for waste water treatment, for gas handling, and for heating and cooling systems.
Their parts include a curved jaw housing, a blade, and a handle which allows you to hold the tube in the cutter’s jaws and rotate the entire cutter around it. Tube cutters can be used manually or powered electrically, pneumatically, and hydraulically. Selecting the specific type of cutter depends on the material, diameter, and thickness of your tube.
How to Use a VALUE Tube Cutter to Cut Copper Pipes
Copper tubes are typically used in heating systems and refrigerant lines of HVAC (heating, cooling, and air conditioning) systems. The tubes act as a path for the refrigerant to pass through from one system component to another, preventing it from leaking out. Because they are corrosion-resistant, they provide the most reliable connections and are thus a top choice for many HVAC applications.
Knowing how to cut copper tubes using the proper tools is a truly valuable asset. VALUE’s range of tube cutters is trusted by many professionals in the field. Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to use a VALUE tube cutter to cut your copper pipes:
- Measure your pipe and mark the spot where you are going to make your cut.
- Position the pipe in the tube cutter and tighten the blade around it. It must be a snug fit—not too tight, otherwise the pipe could bend.
- Give the pipe a few turns then pull it out to inspect it. You should find a groove cut around its circumference.
- Slide the pipe back through the tube cutter, aligning the groove cut with the blade. Tighten it once more until you get a snug fit.
- Twist and put pressure on the pipe until it is cut.
- Once the copper pipe is cut, shave any burrs or raised lips left on the inside.
- Sand the pipe until smooth then rinse it to ensure that no filings or metal residues would enter your system.
Different Sizes of VALUE Tube Cutters
All VALUE tube cutters feature a high-quality blade made of alloy tool steel, a sturdy adjustment knob, and a reliable ball bearing. All variations can be used to easily cut through copper pipes. They vary according to size and application.
- Application – inch scale 1/8″ ÷ 3/4″
- Application – metric scale 4 ÷ 19 mm
- Application – inch scale 1/8″ ÷ 1 1/4″
- Application – metric scale 4 ÷ 32 mm
- Application – inch scale 1/4″ ÷ 1-5/8″
- Application – metric scale 6 ÷ 42 mm
- Application – inch scale 1/4″ ÷ 2-5/8″
- Application – metric scale 6 ÷ 67 mm
Here at Magic-Aire, you can purchase authentic, high-quality VALUE tube cutters of varying sizes to match your needs. Add them to your cart by visiting our website. For inquiries and updates on our other products, you can follow us on Facebook.